We want you to be delighted every time you shop and visit us. Occasionally though, we appreciate you may wish to return or exchange items and we therefore have a straight-forward 30 day returns policy. The policy is detailed and explained below. Our Cancellation and Returns Policy does not affect your statutory rights.
If you have any queries relating to our Cancellation and Returns Policy, please do not hesitate to contact us.
1. Cancellation Policy
If you have placed an order but then wish to change or cancel it, please contact us via email or if you have purchased from a Marketplace channel, please contact via the Amazon or eBay messaging systems. Orders move rapidly through to our warehouse so please contact us as soon as possible. We will try our best to accommodate any changes but we cannot guarantee that we will be able to do so as the order may already have been dispatched. In such cases, you may have to wait until you receive the order and then follow the procedures for returns. Unfortunately, goods that have been dispatched cannot be changed or redirected to an alternative address.
Under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000, you have the right to cancel your order in writing (except for customised products). This can be actioned up to seven working days after you have received the goods (beginning on the day after you receive the goods). Please see our Returns Policy below.
2. Returns Policy
You can return any item (except for customised products) within 30 days of receipt for a refund or to exchange it for the same item in a different size or colour, provided the items meets the following conditions:
- Unless damaged or defective, we accept the return of items only if they are unopened (except in cases where the item must be tried for fit, excluding undergarments, e.g. cycle shorts and socks) and in their original condition.
- In the case of clothing or other items, which have to be tried for fit, any returns must be in their original packaging and with any labels still attached. As stated above, we are unable to accept returns of undergarments (e.g. cycling shorts) or socks.
Please contact us via email or if you have purchased from a Marketplace channel, please contact via the Amazon or eBay messaging systems to arrange your return. In addition to emailing you may also call us on 01487 830 402 to discuss your requirements further.
Our returns address is as follows:
SDJ Sports Limited
Unit 7 Titan Drive,
*Please note that we reserve the right to send back items to you that have been returned to us after 30 days or items that do not comply with the returns criteria detailed above*.
3. Damaged, defective or incorrect items
On rare occasions, mistakes can be made in picking and packing your order or sometimes defective items from our suppliers slip through. In such circumstances, we want to make it as easy as possible for you to receive replacement goods or a refund. Please contact us via email or if you have purchased from a Marketplace channel, please contact via the Amazon or eBay messaging systems. This will allow us to process your return under warranty and provide you with a link so you can generate a free returns label (this is only applicable to orders being sent back from within the UK).
You should inspect all deliveries from us as soon as possible after receipt to ensure that the items delivered have been received in the correct quantities and are not damaged or defective. You must notify us of any issues with your order within 7 days of receipt. If the item is visibly defective then a photo of the defect included with an email will help to process the warranty return quicker. If no picture is provided then we may ask for one so that we are able to assess the defect prior to sending the link for a free return label.
Within 30 days of receipt you can return an item for exchange or request a refund for:
- Items damaged in transit.
- Defective items.
- Items that you did not order, which have been shipped incorrectly.
Please note that we will only accept returns for items that have been opened if they are damaged or defective. The only exception to this are items that must be tried for fit (with the exclusions noted above).
Many of the products listed for sale on our website benefit from a manufacturer's warranty, the details of which may be included with your delivery. Please keep all the warranty information, and proof of purchase, as this may be needed should a fault develop after delivery. If an item becomes defective after 30 days, you should contact us using the returns procedure above.
Please note all items will be inspected on their return. If an item returned is found not to be damaged or defective or sent in error by us, you will be responsible for the postage charges and the costs of any other services provided to you in connection with your purchase.
4. Who pays for postage of returned Items?
You are responsible for the shipment of returns back to us. If an item returned is not defective or has not been sent in error by us, you will be responsible for the postage charges and the costs of any other services provided to you in connection with your purchase.
If you are returning an item because of an error on our part or because it is damaged or defective, we will cover the return postage. If you live within the UK, we will provide a link that will allow you to generate a free returns label. If you do not live within the UK and we ask you to send the order back, then we will happily refund the postage costs incurred in sending the item back, subject to certain conditions outlined below:
- Please contact us via email or if you have purchased from a Marketplace channel, please contact via the Amazon or eBay messaging systems. We will then advise you how we would like you to proceed.
- If the free postage link is provided then no refund for postage will be made as this label will be a pre-paid stamp ready for you to attach onto the item being returned.
- Returns from outside the UK - Postage refunds will be made once the return postage cost is known and a receipt for the postage is received. Please wait for confirmation that we want the product returned before sending it back and incurring any postage costs. Postage refunds will be made for returned items sent using a standard international service from your national postal organisation. This for example would be USPS in the United States and Australia Post in Australia.
- If we request you to pay the return postage we are only able to refund postage costs of a standard service unless requested to do otherwise by ourselves. If you use a premium/expedited service, such as Royal Mail Special Delivery, UK Courier Services, Parcel Force 24, FedEx, UPS or DHL we will be unable to cover the additional cost over what we consider to be the standard service cost.
Any items returned to us are your responsibility until they reach our Warehouse. Please ensure you package your return to prevent any damage to the items or boxes. We recommend you use a postal service that insures you for the value of the goods you are returning in the event of loss on the way back to us.
5. Delivery of replacement items
If items are returned to us because they were received damaged, defective or in error, then you will not be charged further delivery costs on the shipment of an equivalent replacement item. We will ship replacement items to you under the same delivery option as you selected with your original order.
If we have a replacement in stock, we will ship your replacement when we have received and inspected your returned item. If the item is not in stock, we will provide an estimate of when it will be available or provide a suitable alternative.
6. Delivery of exchange items
If items are returned for an exchange due to a change of size, colour or fit, a further postage and package charge may be made. We will advise you of postage options prior to dispatch.
If we have an item in stock that you wish to exchange a previous item for, we will ship your exchange item when we have received and inspected your returned item. If the item is not in stock, we will provide an estimate of when it will be available.
Once any returned items have been inspected and your request for a refund has been approved we will issue the refund in the same way as the original payment was made.
8. Duty on returned Items
If you are returning items to us that have been subject to import duty you should be able to claim a refund for any duties you have paid. You will need to contact your local customs authority and provide them with proof of the original duty paid and proof of the export back to us. A certificate of posting is usually all that is required. Please contact your local customs authority for further advice.
At SDJ Sports Limited we welcome interaction with our customers so please do not hesitate to email us or call one of our highly knowledgeable staff members on 01487 830 402 to discuss your potential requirements. We are always more than happy to help.