Zipp’s 202 Tubular is a versatile wheelset that climbs like a mountain goat and descends like an eagle.
- Its confirmation comes in the form of numerous Grand Tour stage wins, including AG2R LA MONDIALE’s Alexis Vuillermoz and Romain Bardet in the 2015 Tour de France.
- Now, with the 77/177 hub set, this climber’s wheelset is even better.
- To get to the base of the climb, the 202’s 32 mm toroidal profile was developed in the wind tunnel to roll on the flats as efficiently as many 45- to 50mm-deep rims.
- When the tarmac tilts upward, with superior stiffness and weight of only 1,180 grams, the 202 flies.
- Beyond the summit, the 202’s high lateral stiffness delivers precise handling on tricky descents and crisp accelerations to finish off the competition.
- While the 202 Tubular is renowned for its prowess on steep terrain, it’s pro proven for all kinds of speed needs and deeds.
- Zipp pro triathlete Jan Frodeno won gold in Beijing riding the 202.
- This wheelset even was ridden to fourth place at Paris-Roubaix.
- Now the inclusion of the 77/177 hub set provides best-in-class durability and improved bearing protection with no pre-load adjustment needed to raise the 202 to an even higher level:
- Optimized flange geometry and spoke hole attachment pattern with Sapim CX-Ray spokes to optimize torsional and lateral stiffness without sacrificing weight or robustness.
- Includes newly designed quick-release skewers with a wider more ergonomic handle to provide more leverage for opening and closing. When closed, lever contours neatly with the frame.
- New robust hub platform with distinctive graphics.
- For those looking for a wider gear range, or tackling especially extreme terrain, a XD driver body for 177 is sold separately and easily installed to allow for more cassette options including a 10-42.
- The hub set is designed to swap driver bodies without re-dishing wheel.
- Available in two decal options, the stealthy Matte Black or the distinctive Matte White decals.
- Each 202 Tubular wheel comes with Tangente Platinum Pro Evo brake pads, Zipp Integrated Valve Extender with valve-core wrench, and quick release.
- Weight - 670g
- Hub Used - 177
- Rim Depth - 32.0mm
- Brake Track Width (centre) - 22.56mm
- Max Width - 22.61mm
- Spokes - Sapim CX-Ray
- Spoke Count - 24
- Spoke Length Non-Drive - 284mm
- Spoke Pattern Non-Drive - 2 cross
- Spoke Pattern Drive - 2 cross
- Spoke Length Drive - 284mm
- 11-speed compatible hub - Yes
- Track Adaptable - No
- Dimpled Surface - Yes
- Nipples - Sapim
- External Nipples - Yes
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.