Over the past three years our 1/32 Scale Aircraft Series has gained a growing selection of modern military aircraft models, including the F-4 Phantom II, F-14 Tomcat and F-15 Eagle. Tamiya now proudly adds the F-16 Fighting Falcon to this distinguished lineup, offering our most detailed ever 1/32 scale aircraft model, and setting whole new standards in large-scale aircraft modeling.
Regarded as one of the world's leading jet fighters, the F-16 Fighting Falcon is currently employed by more than 20 countries, and has served in actual combat since the 1980s. The F-16CJ Block 50 variant is the newest F-16 currently being deployed to U.S. units. Major upgrades to the Block 50 included a more powerful turbo General Electric engine, AGM-88 HARM (High-Speed Anti-Radiation Missile) and targeting system. The F-16CJ is used for "Wild Weasel" SEAD (Suppression of Enemy Air Defense) missions, which include searching out and destroying radar and missile sites.
- The F-16 Fighting Falcon model maintains the ease of assembly featured by all of the models in our 1/32 Scale Aircraft Series, and boasts the high level of detail and accuracy for which Tamiya is known around the world. This model has given our designers the opportunity to incorporate a number of modeling ideas and innovations that would not have been possible on a smaller 1/48 or 1/72 scale.
- This is the first ever 1/32 scale F-16 model to replicate the characteristic large air intake duct, nicknamed "Big Mouth". The F110-GE-129 jet engine is also replicated in precise detail, and can slide into place on a hook and rail system exactly like the actual aircraft. The entire engine can also be displayed outside the aircraft using the included cart
- This model achieves a level of accuracy only possible in such a large-scale work. The upper surfaces of the wings are molded to the main body of the plane in one single piece, creating a "Blended Body" which artfully depicts the F-16's beautiful, streamlined form and proportions. The model features screw-mounted main body and die-cast landing gears with actual rubber tires for extra durability
- This model makes use of the newly developed mini poly caps to ensure that missiles, ECM pod and external fuel tanks are removable and interchangeable even after assembly. This way, modelers can enjoy depicting different weapon configurations specific to various F-16 missions. Use of poly caps also enables trailing edge flaps, horizontal stabilizer fins and vertical tail fin flaps to move freely after assembly
- Rigorous Attention to Detail Promises High-Quality Finish
- Detailed F-110-GE-129 jet engine can be removed from housing even after assembly
- Kit includes special dolly for easy display
- Missiles are installed using poly caps, allowing them to be removed and used interchangeably
- Landing gear made from die-cast metal for extra durability
- Photo-etched parts ensure high level of detail
- Moveable ejection seat is fixed to a slide rail, just like the actual aircraft
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.