The McDonnell Douglas F-15 Eagle is regarded as one of the most capable twin-engine air-superiority fighters in the world today. Ever since its maiden flight in July 1972, this record breaking Mach 2.5 fighter has been a yardstick for jet fighter design. In the early 1980s, the Air Force requested McDonnell Douglas to modify their F-15 fighter into a dual-role aircraft to be known as the F-15E "Strike Eagle" for use as an air-to-air fighter, and for air to ground attack missions.
This new version was designed to penetrate deep into enemy territory unescorted, and strike military targets with pinpoint accuracy. The Strike Eagle employs two highly reliable Pratt & Whitney F100-PW-229 engines and was designed specifically as a two-person crew of pilot and weapons system officer. The LANTIRN (Low Altitude Navigation and Targeting Infra-Red for Night) system enables the Strike Eagle to operate at night and in bad weather. The Strike Eagle can also be employed with up to an 11-ton payload and can carry the GBU-28 Bunker Buster, a guided bomb developed to destroy strengthened underground bunkers. It was first deployed in December 1989. During the Gulf War in 1991, two squadrons of 48 F-15E Strike Eagles demonstrated their power as multi-purpose fighter/attack planes.
- The popular F-15E Strike Eagle (item 60302) was released in 1993. However, since this item's release, the F-15E has come to be equipped with a variety of newly developed weapons systems. Following the changes in times and aviation fighting technology Tamiya has modernized its kit to feature accurate replicas of all the latest weapons systems employed by the F-15E Strike Eagle. Includes parts for replication of the GBU-28 "Bunker Buster", as well as AGM-130 and JDAM guided bombs, and ARAAM air-to-air missiles
- 1/32 scale
- Total length 600
- Total width 404mm
- Faithfully recreates intrepid form of Strike Eagle
- Main parts such as fuselage and wings are to be fastened with screws
- Radar unit/nose side-access panel, and Vulcan Cannon hatch can all be opened and closed after assembly. Canopy and air brakes can be assembled in either the up or down positions. Cockpit, radar, and Vulcan Cannon are all recreated down to the finest details
- Each landing gear is brilliantly crafted in die-cast, and tires are fashioned with synthetic rubber
How does Click & Collect at SDJ Sports work?
When shopping online at SDJ Sports, you can choose to click and collect your order at our warehouse in Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, at the following address: SDJ Sports, 7 Titan Drive, Fengate, Peterborough, PE1 5XN United Kingdom.
- Orders are available for same day collection (during our work hours: Mon – Fri 9am - 4.30pm) provided that the order has been placed by 3pm the same day on our website (sdjsports.com) or on phone.
- Orders for click and collect can be placed on our website by selecting the “Pick up” option under "Delivery Options" at basket checkout.
- Click & collect orders can also be placed on the phone by calling our customer service team on 0148 830 402.
- Once, the order is ready for collection you will receive a “your order has been shipped” email or text. Please lookout for this, as this means that your order is ready for collection at our warehouse.
- Please bring the “your order has been shipped” email or text, along with a photo ID when you come to pick up your order.
- Please note that, although most of our items are available for same day collection, certain items will take longer to get ready for collection. If you would like to confirm that your order will be available for collection that same day, or need help with placing an order on click and collect please give our customer service team a call on: 01487 830 402.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.