Cultural icon of the Vietnam war, Revell have faithfully recreated the Swift Boat Mk.1 used by the US Army in a high quality model kit. With a skill level of 4, the Swift Boat Mk.1 Model Kit offers a worthy challenge for avid modellers, and features authentic recreations of the internal superstructure of the boat, it's armaments, and of course - authentic decals for three different boats including the PCF-9, PCF-65, and PCF-103 deployed during the Vietnam war between 1961-1975 to control the waterways of the Mekong Delta during the Vietnam War.
93 individual parts make up the kit for the US Navy Swift Boat Mk.1 Model Kit to create the 1:72 replica with a total length of 213mm and width of 58mm. This model kit comes supplied without glue, tools, or paints, for a handy list of which colours you'll need see our paint guide below.
An included display stand means that once you've expertly crafted the Swift Boat Mk.1 you can put it on display without the need for extra parts or effort required. There is even a matching decal for the stand to suit whichever version of the PCF you chose to recreate.
History of the Swift Boat Mk.1
Designed to transport troops around narrow rivers and canals, the first two PCF Swift Boat Mk.1s were delivered to the US Navy in late august 1965. With a welded aluminium hull of 15m, the Swift Boat Mk.1 was the ideal craft for the narrow twisting waterways of Vietnam, making it a highly useful craft for the US Navy for both troop movement and patrols throughout the conflict.
Most of the Swift Boat Mk.1s were deployed with two .50 calibre M2 Browning machine guns in a turret above the pilot house and were crewed by a team of 6: an officer in charge (skipper), a boatswains mate, a radar/radioman (radarman), an engineer (engineman), and two gunners (quartermaster and gunner's mate). In 1969 the crew was supplemented with a Vietnamese trainee.
After the war, the Swift Boat has become a cultural icon of the Vietnam war struggle and has been featured in many Vietnam war movies, including Apocalypse Now.
Authentic Swift Boat Mk.1 Details Include
- One piece hull
- Detailed superstructure interior
- Two machine guns
- Authentic decals for PCF-9, PCF-65, and PCF-103
Navy Swift Boat Mk.1 Contents
- Illustrated, multilingual building instructions
- Authentic decals
- 93 construction parts
- Display stand
Navy Swift Boat Mk.1 Model Specification
- Revel Part Number - 05176
- Scale - 1:72
- Age - 12+
- Number of Parts - 93
- Length - 213mm
- Width - 58mm
- Weight - 523g
- Skill Level - 4
- No paints or glue included (see guide below)
Paint Options Using Aqua Paints
- 36301 - White, Semi-Gloss RAL 9010
- 36302 - Black, Semi-Gloss, RAL 9005
- 36136 - Carmine Red, Matte, RAL 3002
- 36137 - Brick Red, Matte
- 36374 - Grey, Semi-Gloss, RAL 7001
- 36169 - Granite Grey, Matte
- 36179 - Blue Grey, Matte
- 36191 - Iron, Metallic
- 36192 - Brass, Metallic
- 36199 - Aluminium, Metallic
Paint Options Using Email Paints
- 32301 - White, Semi-Gloss, RAL 9010
- 32302 - Black, Semi-Gloss, RAL 9005
- 32136 - Carmine Red, Matte, RAL 3002
- 32137 - Brick Red, Matte, RAL 3009
- 32374 - Grey, Semi-Gloss, RAL 7001
- 32169 - Granite Grey, Matte, RAL 7026
- 32179 - Blue-Grey, Matte, RAL 7031
- 32191 - Iron, Metallic
- 32192 - Brass, Metallic
- 32199 - Aluminium, Metallic
Paint Options Using Spray Paints
- 34301 - White, Semi-Gloss
- 34302 - Black, Semi-Gloss
- 34136 - Carmine Red, Matte
- 34374 - Grey, Semi-Gloss
- 34191 - Iron, Metallic
- 34199 - Aluminium, Metallic
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.