Promax Adjustable Quill Stem
These stems are a quill style fitting. This is where the pillar of the stem fits inside the fork steerer and allows up and down adjustment so you can fine tune the position of your ride.Quill stems are fitted to modern hybrid bikes older road bikes and older mountain bikes.The easiest way to see if this stem will fit your bike is to partially remove your current quill stem. At the bottom of the quill pillar you should have the diameter etched into the steel. If it reads 22.2mm or 25.4mm it will fit. Most will be one of these sizes. It would be very very rare for a stem not to be one of these sizes.The handlebar clamp size is 25.4mm. Most bars are still this size but easy to check as the only other size is 31.8mm so quite a big difference. Most alloy bars have the size etched on them where clamped. 31.8mm bars are generally used on bikes with a value of £400+ these days.Please be aware that due to the pillar length on this stem you may need to install new cables as your current ones may not be long enough if you plan to use the stem at its maximum extension.
Stem Spec:- Alloy 85mm stem length.
- 22.2mm quill plus a 25.4mm adaptor shim.
- Adjustable from 10 degree to 50 degree rise.
- Quill pillar is made of stainless steel and 180mm in length. (If this is not long enough we sell an extra long version also)
- Handlebar clamp fits 25.4mm bars.
- Face plate has 2 bolts for easy installation.At SDJ Sports we stock a wide range of quality cycling and sporting products. Please have a look at our extensive catalogue, all of which is in stock. We welcome interaction with our customers so please do not hesitate to email or to call us, to discuss your potential requirements. Contact Us details can be found at the bottom of this page.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.