USA Shipping Information
Product is shipped from our UK warehouse using express post. Please note: any customs and duties fees that may be payable are the responsibility of the customer. For more information visit the US Borders & Customs website
The iconic Spitfire fighter was one of the backbones of the RAF in the desperate struggle for the skies during WWII, sporting a refined design and aesthetically pleasing elliptical wing, plus the proven Rolls Royce Merlin engine.
It first flew in March 1936, and some two and a half years later in August 1938 the first production Spitfires - the Mk.I - started to reach units. This Mk.I would have a vital role to play in the Battle of Britain as the RAF and Luftwaffe played out a titanic struggle for the skies, and the successful fighting off of the Luftwaffe ensured that the Spitfire earned international fame that continues even in the modern day.
- This is a 1/48 scale plastic model assembly kit
- Fuselage length: 191mm
- Wingspan: 235mm
- Superb accuracy is based upon in-depth examination of actual aircraft
- Parts are included to recreate various types of Mk.I front canopy, sights, antenna bases and pitot tubes
- The interior of the floorless cockpit is rendered in detail
- Choose between open or closed canopy, each with dedicated parts for superb realism
- Comes with 1 seated pilot figure and three marking options including for aircraft in the Battle of Britain and Operation Dynamo
- The refined form of the Spitfire with its flowing fuselage lines is captured with aplomb
- Take a look from above at the distinctive elliptical wing and elegant shape in accurate 1/48
- A look at the underside showcases plenty of detail, with clear parts for the identification lamp
- Take a closer look at the Mk.I nose, with distinctive bulging cowls, exhausts and fuel filler cap
- Assemble with open or closed canopy, and dedicated parts for each to ensure a highly realistic appearance
- A realistic pilot figure is included in the kit, in seated pose and with accurate uniform and equipment
- The kit includes a choice between standard sight (photo-etched parts) and reflector sight (clear parts)
- Under the port wing, the modeler can choose between single and forked type pitot tubes
- A wide selection of photo-etched parts is included, to depict sight, seatbelt parts, radiator mesh and more
- The model comes with a decal sheet, masking stickers for clear parts, and molded stickers
- The kit is engineered to ensure proper fixing of photo-etched radiator mesh without compromising detail
- An integrated parts breakdown for the main landing gear ensures sturdiness and an accurate angle
- Horizontal stabilizers are also an integrated part, and slotted in from the rear of the model
- Three marking options are included in the kit - which will you choose for your Spitfire masterpiece?
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.